Sunday, January 14, 2007

Dominic Update

I just can't believe what a little boy he has become!

His vocabulary is expanding daily. He can now say, "Mama", "Daddy", "wow", "uh oh," "oops", "Bus", "truck", "up", "on", "off," "no", "this", "that," "clock", "ball", "book," "duck," "poop" (in context, LOL) and he's currently working on "chocolate" (a word he became very familiar with over the holidays) and will try to mimic almost everything! He really understands things now and can bring Bodhi his ball or bring things to daddy when asked to. He also understands, "Do we need to change your diaper?" which he always answers "no" it's not his favorite activity. And another of his least favorite activities involves getting dressed which usually results in a conversation of "no mama off."

Naps are suddenly going extremely well (started this week). We're not sure if it has anything to do with the Clifford Book that he seems to really enjoy but all of a sudden he goes down for nap without a peep! I'm almost afraid to type that, I'll probably jinx it! Now we just need to get that translated to bedtime.

He loves music and Noggin (greatest channel ever invented!) His new favorite games are peek a boo (where he hides and jumps out), knocking over blocks, and yelling "Dad" to which Daddy answers "Dominic." This can go on for quite some time. He just recently started giving kisses which is absolutely adorable!! He loves putting on our shoes although he has a hard time keeping them on.


He still eats EVERYTHING! He has started using utensils although still has to resort to his hands sometimes. We're ok with that though, he'll get it! He thinks it's a great idea to feed us which is cute and sometime gross all at the same time.

Probably another sign of getting older but we have started "time-outs." This involves about 5-10 seconds of standing and staring at the wall and I'm really amazed that he understands he's in trouble when we do this with him. He definitely understands it though! I think it's as hard on me as it is on him but he has decided to start pushing limits so we had to respond. Thankfully those instances are rare!

On a positive swing, he is fascinated with my belly. Everynight he lifts up my shirt and looks at it. Then he puts his ear on my belly and will look at it again. He goes back and forth like this for about 10 minutes a night. It's very cute!

We had our "big" u/s on friday. The baby is doing great and is nice and healthy. There is indeed only one baby (there's been some speculation for the last 3 weeks) and there doesn't seem to be any real reason of why I'm measuring so far ahead. So then we got to the part where they asked us if we would like to know the gender. I of course say "no" but Keith responds with "yes." After some discussion we decided to "find out." They're prediction: A girl. Of course we've heard that before so I'm still a bit skeptical. Two doctor's "confirmed" it and spent quite a bit of time trying to explain why it was definitely a girl to which I responded, "uh huh, I guess we'll see in June." I think they got a little frustrated but I'm not taking any chances although I think Keith believes them. They probably are right. What are the odds that predictions could be wrong twice right? Even still, the onesie I bought the other day for the baby is orange.

Here is a picture of Dominic's little sibling.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

How exciting, Darcy, that it looks like you are having a girl! I can understand your hesitation about believing the doctors but it seems fairly certain! : )

Dominic is so big now! Isn't toddlerhood so much fun?!

Kelly

Amanda said...

We felt the same way when they told us she is a girl, so we are trying not to go crazy with the pink. Can't wait for both of us to find out for sure :)

Congratulations Darcy!