We had a beautiful tree (decorated approximately 3/4 of the way)! Dominic was great and left it alone although the tree skirt did get carried around a lot!

Christmas Eve Keith had to work so I cooked Christmas Eve dinner. We had a duck, a small ham and some shrimp scampi besides the thousands of other appetizers, munchies and side dishes. I was very glad I started cooking that morning or I would never have gotten it all done. Since the traditional meal for Keith is fish, I made bacon wrapped scallops, the shrimp scampi and we had some marinated mussels. Keith and I had loooonnng discussions about Christmas Eve dinner and I convinced him (I think) that we had plenty of fish! Grammy, Papa, Uncle Chris and Uncle Jerod all came over and we had a great meal although I think Dominic was getting pretty tired by dinner time.

On Christmas morning we got up and went straight to the tree to show Dominic. Of course he wanted to watch noggin and have breakfast but we kept him interested enough in his gifts that he focused on them for a while. Santa brought him some books, bathtime toys and a rocking Zebra. After we opened presents we fed Dominic and we all got ready to go have brunch at Grammy and Papa's.


Dominic saw the presents right away there but I'm not sure he's real familiar with the concept that there are things in them! We had a great brunch and then opened presents. (Mommy opened most of Dominic's) Dominic loved his firetruck!

It was a wonderful christmas although it would have been fun to have snow. I can't wait till next year when Dominic starts getting excited about Santa!

No comments:
Post a Comment