Two weeks ago after yet another night of the two kids laying on top of me I decided that it was time that at least Dominic started sleeping in his own bed. So I had a talk with him about what he needed to be able to sleep in his own bed. At first he said he needed a new sound machine since his old one broke right before we went to Italy, then he decided that he didn't actually need that. I told him if he slept in his own bed all week that I would take him to Toys R Us and he could pick out one toy. That was huge motivation for him! There were a few very early mornings, a couple of nights of me laying in his bed for a half hour and only one night where he asked to sleep in our bed. He did fantastic. He fell off the wagon once but he's been sleeping in his own bed for the last two weeks! His price at Toys R Us? A SpongeBob Lego set which I thought was appropriate since it's definitely a big kid toy! (Maybe a little too big since I ended up setting it up.)
Since then though it's amazing! He's doing so much more for himself now. Once morning 15 minutes before the alarm he called for me and when I came out he was trying to open up his vitamins (thank you child caps). I asked "What are you doing?" He said "I'm getting ready." He was completely dressed and had his teeth brushed! He got himself totally ready. It's crazy, what a big boy he's become.
His new feat, learning to turn on the tv and satellite by himself.
Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment