Ok, I know that I've gotten a little behind on the blog but I will catch you all up right now!
Dominic is doing fantastic! He is cruising all over the house as long as he can touch something. He has noticed that both the vacuum and the tea cart have wheels and thoroughly enjoys pushing them across the floor while he walks behind them. It's made vacuuming the floor pretty amusing actually! His new ability though is to walk only holding on to one hand! Walking will be here soon.
On July 21st he got a tooth! Yup, finally! If you've noticed, we've been thinking he was teething...umm..forever! On the morning of the 21st I felt something sharp and peaked into his mouth and there it was. The next day tooth #2 came in. So now he has two bottom teeth which he is having loads of fun practicing with. We are trying to make him understand that he can no longer bite our fingers or chins anymore! He has also started dancing which is very cute and involves a lot of head bopping. He's learning to wave but it's pretty sporadic right now. On the 6th of July he added "Dada" to his repetoire of 2 words and loves saying it over and over.
On the 27th he had his 9 month physical. No shots this time thank goodness! He weighed in at 20 lbs and 1 oz and measured 30.25" long! His height remains in the 95th percentile but his weight has dropped to the 50th percentile. The nurse says that it's quite common for them to thin out when they become mobile so she wasn't too surprised. They said he is still way ahead in his abilities for his age and the doc said he looks great!
Speaking of weight, Dominic now eats just about everything that we eat. We of course still have the "no-no" list of common allergens (better safe than sorry) and he's obviously still nursing but he loves table food! He is quickly losing patience with the being spoon fed!
Sleep...I am realizing that Dominic will leave our bed... sometime before he gets married himself. Every night he starts in his crib, once he wakes up after I'm in bed though he comes in with us. Assuming he's in bed with us he is starting to sleep through the night which is pretty nice. I don't mind him being there and quite honestly I really miss him during the day so I really don't want to spend the nights pushing him away. Soon enough he will outgrow it, time goes by so fast! So I will enjoy my cuddle bug now!
He's such a good baby and we're very blessed to have him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Darcy- I totally know what you mean about the sleeping. Cole wakes up 1x per night and isn't happy until he is in bed with us. Eventually they'll outgrow it but in the meantime....every one gets a little more sleep! : )
Ahmad is just now starting to sleep through the night in his crib. We went throught he same thing. I tried to be every diligent about keeping him in his crib and rubbing his back but after 3 & 4 times in and out of his room Antony would just go get him and tuck him in with us and that was it. And Kelly is right. better that everyone gets some sleep for now. Especially those of us that have to get up and go to work!
Post a Comment